Abingdon, VA (Thursday, April 5, 2012) – Food City has partnered with UT Medical Center to offer onsite digital screening mammograms utilizing UT Medical Center’s Mobile Mammography Unit.
Screenings will be available through the mobile unit at the following Food City locations from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.:
• Friday, April 13 – Food City #615, 1507 O’Dell Avenue, Jefferson City, TN
• Monday, April 16 – Food City #672, 9565 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, TN
• Tuesday, April 17 – Food City #634, 1130 S. Roan Street, Harriman, TN
• Wednesday, April 18 – Food City #614, 181 Western Plaza Way, Newport, TN
• Thursday, April 19 – Food City #607, 2181 W. Andrew Johnson Hwy., Morristown, TN
• Friday, April 20 – Food City #651, 1610 W. Broadway Ave., Maryville, TN
• Saturday, April 21 – Food City #645, 1410 North Broad St., Tazewell, TN
Women age 40 and over who have not received a screening in the last year and have no current breast problems or personal history of breast cancer or implants are encouraged to take advantage of this valuable service. Insurance will be filed and women without insurance may contact the UT Breast Health Outreach Program for details on available options.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please contact the UT Breast Health Outreach Program at (865) 305-9753. This program is made possible through support from the Knoxville Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, National Breast Cancer Foundation, Champions for a Cause and Avon Foundation.
Headquartered in Abingdon, Virginia, K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc. (Food City’s parent company) currently operates 104 retail food outlets in the tri-state regions of Southeast Kentucky, Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee.