OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
FOOD CITY / DIXIE STAMPEDE / PEPSI “Get AWAY!” SWEEPSTAKES Presented by K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc.
No Purchase Necessary
HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes entries will be accepted in two ways: electronic and mail-in. Electronic entries: Apply for a Food City ValuCard by filling out an official application form available at participating Food City Stores. No purchase is necessary to obtain the card. After registration is complete, each time you use your Food City ValuCard to purchase any Pepsi 12 pack item between May 25, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. (EST) August 2, 2014, at any Food City Store, you will get ONE (1) automatic entry into the sweepstakes. Limit one entry per shopping trip, regardless of the number of qualifying products included in your purchase. Mail-in entries: Handprint in ink on a 3x5 card or Official Food City ValuCard Sweepstake Entry Form, available at participating Food City Stores (while supplies last) your name, address, daytime, and evening phone numbers and mail in an envelope with postage affixed to: Food City Get Away Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1158, Abingdon, VA 24212. Limit one entry per stamped envelope. All entries must be hand printed. No mass or mechanically reproduced entries accepted. All mail-in entries must be postmarked on or before August 2, 2014 and received by August 8, 2014. Improper, incomplete, mutilated, illegible or mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, damaged, delayed, postage-due or misdirected mail-in entries or for electronic, network, computer/scanner failures, or malfunctions, or for cards scanned incorrectly, or other technical, mechanical, electronic or human errors of any kind in the automatic entry process. Entries become the property of K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc. and will not be returned.
HOW IT WORKS: On or about August 5, 2014, a random drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries via all entry methods combined. Six (6) FINALISTS will be drawn. Upon successfully completing the required release documents, each FINALIST will be invited to the Food City Family Race Night event, held on State Street in Bristol, TN/VA on Thursday, August 21, 2014. The FINALISTS must be present to win. At that time a random selction method will be employed to determine the winners and their prize package. Winners will be selected in reverse order with sixth (6th) place being awarded first and the GRAND PRIZE winner being awarded last. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. FINALISTS will be notified by phone or mail. Prize winners will be notified at the event. Decisions of the Sponsors, acting as judges, are final on all sweepstake matters.
PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES AND PRIZE DEFINITIONS/RESTRICTIONS:
ONE Grand Prize – Commercial airline tickets for four (4) from McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, TN to Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in Myrtle Beach, SC; 3 day car rental (see restrictions below); 3 night/4 days hotel accommodations for four (4); $500 cash; 4 tickets to the Pirate’s Voyage® attraction in Myrtle Beach; 4 tickets to Dixie Stampede® attraction in Pigeon Forge, TN and a $100 Food City Gift Card. ARV= $4,700.
ONE First Prize – Weekend Getaway package for four (4) consisting of a Friday and Saturday night hotel stay in the Pigeon Forge, TN area; four (4) tickets to Dixie Stampede® attraction in Pigeon Forge, TN and a $100 Food City Gift Card. ARV= $700.
ONE Second Prize – Two (2) day/ one (1) night hotel stay in the Pigeon Forge, TN area; coupons for FREE Pepsi fountain drinks at any participating Food City store; two (2) tickets to Dixie Stampede® attraction in Pigeon Forge, TN and a $50 Food City Gift Card. ARV= $450.
ONE Third Prize – Four (4) Pepsi t-shirts; coupons for FREE Pepsi fountain drinks at any participating Food City store; four (4) tickets to Dixie Stampede® attraction in Pigeon Forge, TN and a $50 Food City Gift Card. ARV= $300.
Grand Prize Information-
· Commercial airline transportation for four (4) – Any party of four (4) which MUST include the prize winner. Children 5 years old or under are not permitted. Children, ages 6 – 17 must be accompanied by a legal parent or guardian. Proof of age will be required. Sponsors will choose the airline that will be used to transport winners to and from Myrtle Beach, SC. Other restrictions may apply. Waivers will be required of all travelers. An escort from Dixie Stampede® will meet the winners at McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) for departure and upon arrival in Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR). Trip must be scheduled a minimum of 6 weeks prior to departure and is subject to availability.
· Three (3) day car rental – Appropriate vehicle rental company and size of vehicle will be at the sole discretion of the sponsors. No drivers under age 25 will be permitted. Sponsors will assume NO responsibility in case of accident, damage to vehicle or personal injury to any occupant of vehicle during the 3 day rental period. Other restrictions may apply. Winner must pay for and rent car with personal credit card and will be reimbursed for the expense at the conclusion of the trip. If there are no persons in the winning party 25 or older, this portion of the prize will be forfeited.
· Grand Prize Hotel Accommodations – Choice and location of hotel will be at the sole discretion of the sponsors. Hotel accommodations will include 2 rooms (double occupancy). Other restrictions may apply.
Other Prize Information-
· First and Second Prize Hotel Accommodations - Choice and location of hotel will be at the sole discretion of the sponsors. Hotel accommodations will include 2 rooms (double occupancy). Other restrictions may apply.
· Attraction Tickets – Use of attraction tickets at Pirate’s Voyage® in Myrtle Beach, SC and Dixie Stampede® in Pigeon Forge, TN will be by reservation only. It will be the responsibility of the winner to contact the attraction and make the required reservations.
· Dixie Stampede, Pigeon Forge, TN - Advance reservations are required and based on availability. It will be the responsibility of the winner to contact the attraction and make the required reservations.
· Pirate’s Voyage®, Myrtle Beach, SC - Advance reservations are required and based on availability. It will be the responsibility of the winner to contact the attraction and make the required reservations.
ALL Prizes must be claimed and trips completed within 12 months of the end of the promotion. The end date will be defined as August 2, 2014.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to participate, you must be a legal resident of Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina or West Virginia, 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc., Food City, Mid-Mountain Foods, Dixie Stampede®, Pirate’s Voyage®, PepsiCo, Inc., Pepsi Beverages Company, Pepsi Cola Company its bottlers and each of their respective parents, their subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, retailers, employees of advertising, promotion and public relations agencies involved in any way with this sweepstakes; and immediate family members living within the same household of any of the aforementioned parties, are not eligible to enter and, therefore, not eligible to win.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: No cash redemption, substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except sponsors and promotional parties (K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc and Dixie Stampede®) reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value if the advertised prizes are unavailable. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws/regulations apply. Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release form (as permitted by law), prior to acceptance and use of prize packages. Noncompliance within three (3) days of date of notice will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Failure to respond to prize notification or return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner must consent (and confirm such consent in writing) to the use of their name, voice, picture or other likeness without compensation for promotional purposes in all media as determined by Sponsors except for residents of TN and where prohibited by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The winners agree to release, hold harmless, and forever discharge K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc., Food City, Mid-Mountain Foods, Dixie Stampede®, Pirate’s Voyage®, PepsiCo, Inc., Pepsi Beverages Company, Pepsi Cola Company its bottlers and each of their respective parents, employees, directors, officers, affiliates, subsidiaries, judging agency, and/or advertising/public relations agencies from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities, of any nature whatsoever, which they may now or hereafter assert, including but not limited to, claims for injury, death, or illness arising out of or claimed to be arising out of sweepstakes entry, prize acceptance, or use/misuse of the aforesaid prize. Sponsors are not responsible for incorrect Food City ValuCard data, technical malfunction of computer hardware/software, or technical failures of any kind, including error in entry submission, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
If winning entry is received via the automatic entry method, and if a dispute arises as to the identity of the winner, the prize will be awarded to the person in whose name the swiped Food City ValuCard was issued, regardless of who actually made the purchase that resulted in the winning entry.
For the names of the prize winners in this sweepstakes, which will be available after August 30, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a written request to Food City “GETAWAY” SWEEPSTAKES, P.O. Box 1158, Abingdon, VA 24212.
The Sponsors of this promotion are K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc. [P.O. Box 129, Abingdon, VA 24212] ; and Dixie Stampede® [3849 Parkway, PO Box 58, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868.
The promotional party of this promotion is PepsiCo, Inc. [7095 Samuel Morse Drive, Suite 300, Columbia, MD 21046]