Ron Tacker Named Food City Executive Vice President of Operations, Knoxville Division

Ron Tacker Named Food City Executive Vice President of Operations, Knoxville Division
Abingdon, VA. - Tuesday, May 9, 2017.

Food City recently named Ron Tacker as Executive Vice President of Store Operations for their Knoxville Division.  A career grocer, Tacker brings more than 42 years of retail experience in a broad range of fields to this key position.

“I am confident that Ron will be a valuable asset to our company, as well as an active member of the Knoxville community.  His service in this crucial role will enable us to continue to advance and improve upon our store operations and customer service initiatives,” says Steven C. Smith, Food City president and chief executive officer.

Prior to joining the Food City team, Tacker served in a number of positions, including district manager, vice president of retail operations, vice president of retail merchandising and division vice president for two large retail chains. 

His new responsibilities include oversight of store operations for Food City’s Knoxville based division, which is comprised of 49 Food City locations and 2 Super Dollar Discount Stores, as well as their pharmacy and Gas n’ Go fuel centers. 

“I am excited to be a part of the Food City team and looking forward to partnering with the Knoxville Division associates, as we continue to advance the Food City brand in the Knoxville area.  My wife and I look forward to relocating to the Knoxville area and being part of the Knoxville community,” says Tacker.

Tacker has also served in a leadership role on multiple boards and industry associations, including Easter Seals and DECA.  He attended Southwestern University in Waxahachie, TX, in addition to completing a number of private industry training programs.   

A native of Arizona, Tacker and his lovely wife of 41 years, Debbie currently reside in Hendersonville, TN.  They have one son and two grandchildren. 

Headquartered in Abingdon, Virginia, K-VA-T Food Stores (Food City’s parent company) operates 134 retail outlets throughout southeast Kentucky, southwest Virginia, east Tennessee, Chattanooga and north Georgia.