NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AL, GA, KY, NC, TN, VA AND WV WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE (19 IN AL) OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1) ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to participate, you must be a legal resident of Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama or West Virginia, 18 years or older at the time of entry (except residents of Alabama must be 19 years of age or older). Employees of K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc., “Food City”, The Hershey’s Company, their subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, retailers, employees of advertising, promotion and public relations agencies involved in any way with this sweepstakes; and immediate family members living within the same household of any of the aforementioned parties, are not eligible to enter and, therefore, not eligible to win.
2) AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrators, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
3) TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
a) Beginning 02/27/19 through close of business on 4/03/19, each time you visit a participating Food City store and use your Food City ValuCard with the purchase any three (3) or a combination of any three (3) of the qualifying Reese’s products, you will automatically be entered in the random drawing. Limit one (1) entry per Food City ValuCard account per transaction. IMPORTANT NOTE RE: OPTING OUT OF SWEEPS: IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A QUALIFYING PURCHASE BUT DO NOT WANT TO BE ENTERED INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES, send your name, street address, city, state, ZIP and Food City ValuCard number to: 2019 Food City/Reese’s Mega Sweepstakes Opt-Out, 1 Food City Cir, Abingdon, VA 24210. YOU WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING. You must do so before the drawing date in order to be excluded from the drawing. Food City ValuCard membership is free.
b) TO ENTER WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE: On a plain piece of 3” x 5” paper, hand print your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, ZIP code, plus daytime phone number and age. Mail entry in a hand addressed, business size #10 envelope with first-class postage affixed, to 2019 Food City/Reese’s Mega Sweepstakes, 1 Food City Cir, Abingdon, VA 24210, received by 04/04/19. Limit one (1) entry per stamped envelope. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Illegible or incomplete entries are void.
4) RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential prize winner will be selected in a random drawing held on or about 4/11/19 from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential prize winner will be notified via phone at the Food City Valucard phone number, on record, or the phone number printed on the mail-in entry. Potential winner must sign and return a W-9, Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form within three (3) days of notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected, time permitting. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting.
5) ONE (1) PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One Years’ Supply of Reese’s Standard Bars (1.5 oz.) and four (4) tickets to Hershey Park RV: $535. The “Years’ worth of Reese’s” can be awarded as one order of 432 1.5 oz. Reese’s standard bars or a box of 36 1.5 oz. Reese’s standard bars shipped to the customer each month for 12 months. Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for a prize of equal or greater value. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winner permitted. All federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of winner. Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize and is advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of his/her respective prize winnings. All travel-related expenses, including but not limited to transportation, hotel, parking, meals, gratuities, incidental hotel and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. If any guest of winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, winner must be minor’s parent/legal guardian or minor must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian and counted as one of the seven guests. If winner elects to participate in the fishing tournament without all seven guests, no additional compensation will be awarded in lieu thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for cancellations or weather conditions due to circumstances beyond Sponsor's control, inability of winner or guests to participate in the fishing tournament and/or any other difficulties occurring during or in connection with the fishing tournament.
6) PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent for Sponsor and its licensees to use winner’s name, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration or approval.
7) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless, Sponsor, The Hershey Company, Food City, Inc., K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc. and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize providers, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors, technical errors, electronic, telephone, hardware, software or network, computer or data transmission errors, late or garbled entries, or for telephone congestion, malfunctions, and difficulties of any kind; (c) errors or malfunctions in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the announcement of the prizes or any Sweepstakes-related materials; (d) outdated or incorrect Food City ValuCard data, illegible or incomplete entries, lost, late, damaged, delayed, mutilated or postage due entries, or entries not received by entry deadline (all of which will be void); (e) electronic, network or computer/scanner failures or malfunctions, cards scanned incorrectly or other technical errors of any kind; (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize including any travel or activity related thereto. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or indirect damages from the Released Parties. Winner is solely responsible for the actions of his/her guests who accompanies him/her to the fishing tournament and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any and all claims, liability, damages, costs or expenses arising from the actions of his/her guests at the fishing tournament.
8) LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9) SPONSOR’S RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the program as determined by Sponsor and Administrators, in their sole discretion. If Sweepstakes is so cancelled, prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. For purposes of determining eligibility and awarding prizes, entries made via the Food City ValuCard will be declared made by the authorized account holder, regardless of who actually made the purchase. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the participant is the authorized account holder of the Food City ValuCard associated with the selected entry. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
10) DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania; and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Pennsylvania.
12) WIN LIST: For the name of the winner, available from 4/27/19 through 5/27/19, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: 2019 Food City/Reese’s Mega Sweepstakes Win List, 1 Food City Cir, Abingdon, VA 24210.