NO PURHCASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MULTIPLE ENTRY DEADLINES APPLY.
CONCEPT: Contestants will play for a chance to become one of Fifteen (15) Finalists in the 2019 Great American Giveaway. On July 4, 2019, all Contest Finalists will assemble at Freedom Hall in Johnson City, Tennessee, to play a “game” to determine three winners, one to win the Grand Prize of $10,000.00 in groceries, the second to win $1,500 in gas and the third to win $520.00 in Pepsi products.
SPONSORS and PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS: The Sponsors of the Great American Giveaway are Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc. (WXBQ) and PepsiCO Beverages North America. Promotional Partners are K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc. (Food City), Freedom Hall Civic Center (City of Johnson City), The Johnson City Press, 11 Connects (WJHL-TV), ABC Tri-Cities, Lamar Advertising, Courtyard by Marriott, Hearthside Cabin Rentals, Foster Signs, Anakeesta and Precision Electric.
CONTEST PERIOD: The Great American Giveaway will begin on May 31, 2019, and will end when the Grand Prize Winner is declared (See “Contest Finale” below) on July 4, 2019.
ELIGIBILITY: No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest and win. The Contest is open to all legal United States residents, age 18 or older, who reside in Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina or Kentucky. To participate in Great American Giveaway, an individual must be the holder of a valid government issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license or other government issued ID). Employees of the Sponsors and Promotional Partners as listed above; employees of subsidiary and affiliated companies of the foregoing entities and their respective advertising and promotion agencies; and the members of the immediate families or households of such individuals are not eligible. Owners, directors, and management employees of business entities of whatsoever nature that are engaged in the same or substantially the same types of business as is either of the Sponsors or Promotional Partners as named above and the members of the immediate families or households of such individuals are not eligible. Only one member of an immediate family or household may be qualified to participate in the Contest Finale (as described below). Upon the qualifying of one member of an immediate family or household by any of the methods by which Contestants are qualified, all other members of his/her immediate family or household become ineligible to participate further in the Great American Giveaway Contest Finale. For the purpose of these rules an individual’s immediate family members include (as applicable) his/her mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister, step mother, step-father, step-son, step daughter, step brother, and step-sister. Members of an individual’s household include all persons who reside in the same house (or have the same home address) as the individual. Void where prohibited.
ENTRY: Eligible individuals wishing to enter the Great American Giveaway may do so in one of five ways:
1. Individuals may tune to WXBQ (96.9 mHz) during the Contest Period for announced opportunities to participate in Qualifying Contests. Qualifying Contests may be aired at any time during the Contest Period. During each on-air Qualifying Contests, listeners will be asked to be a designated caller on the WXBQ Listener Line (1-800-332-3697) after a specific sounder is aired. The Designated Caller, subject to all the Contest restrictions and eligibility requirements, will instantly become qualified and entered in the Finalists Drawing for a chance to become a Finalist to compete in the Great American Giveaway Contest Finale. Approximately 32 Contests will be aired on WXBQ during the Contest Period.
2. Individuals may attend specific pre-announced live WXBQ remote broadcasts at selected Food City locations to register. Individuals may tune to WXBQ (at 96.9 mHz) to hear announcements detailing the locations and times of these live remote broadcasts. One or more such live remote broadcasts may be staged each week during the Contest Period. One name per hour (2 total) will be drawn as a qualifier from each remote broadcast.. Each name drawn in this manner will be entered in the Finalists Drawing for a chance to become a Finalist to compete in Great American Giveaway Contest Finale. Each person whose name is drawn must meet all Contest eligibility requirement to be selected as a qualifier. If a name is drawn and that person fails to meet eligibility requirements, additional names may be drawn until a Contestant is qualified for the Finalists Drawing. To enter at a live remote broadcast, participants must hand print their name, address, street address and daytime phone number on an official entry form or a plain 3”x5” piece of paper. Participants must then deposit the completed entry into the ballot boxes located at the live remote broadcast. Limit one entry per person per remote broadcast remote. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries. All entries must be deposited/received no later than one minute prior to the last live-from-location segment (approximately 12 minutes prior to the announced end time) of each remote broadcast event. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Approximately 16 individuals will be qualified for the Finalist Drawing in this manner.
3. Individuals may enter through participating Food City stores. Individuals are automatically entered into the Contest when they use their Food City ValuCard to purchase pre determined/announced Pepsi products at any participating Food City location starting at 12:01am on June 5, 2019 and ending at 11:59pm on June 25, 2019. Individuals may get a list of the pre-determined Pepsi products (a list will be posted at the point of sale) at any participating Food City location. Individuals may apply for a Food City ValuCard by filling out an official application form available at participating Food City Stores. No purchase is necessary to obtain a Food City ValuCard. After the Food City ValuCard registration is complete, one entry will automatically be electronically entered for the Contestant into the Food City Registration Pool for each shopping visit between June 5, 2019, and June 25, 2019, at any participating Food City Stores during which the Contestant uses his/her Food City ValuCard to purchase the selected Pepsi product(s). Limit one entry per shopping trip regardless of the number of qualifying products purchased during the single shopping trip. The Sponsors and Promotional Partners as listed above assume no responsibility for electronic, network, computer/scanner failures, or malfunctions, or for cards scanned incorrectly, or other technical, mechanical, electronic or human errors of any kind in the automatic entry process. On or about June 26, 2019, a total of 46 names will be drawn at random from all of the entries in the Food City Registration Pool. Each name drawn in this manner will be entered in the Finalists Drawing for a chance to become a Finalist to compete in the Great American Giveaway Contest Finale. Each person whose name is drawn must meet all Contest eligibility requirement to be selected as a qualifier. If a name is drawn and that person fails to meet eligibility requirements, additional names may be drawn until a Contestant is qualified. Approximately 46 individuals will be qualified for the Finalist Drawing in this manner.
4. Individuals may enter by US Mail. A Contestant may handprint his/her name, street address, daytime phone number and age on a plain piece of 3 x 5 inch paper. Contestants must then mail their completed entry to: Great American Giveaway, P.O. Box 1389, Bristol, VA 24203. Limit one entry per name, address, or telephone number per day, and each entry must be mailed separately in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope. All entries must be postmarked no later than June 24, 2019 and received no later than 5pm on June 26, 2019 to be eligible for the drawing. On or about June 26, 2019, one name will be drawn at random from all of the entries received by US Mail. The name drawn in this manner will be entered in the Finalists Drawing for a chance to become a Finalist to compete in the Great American Giveaway Contest Finale. The person whose name is drawn must meet all Contest eligibility requirement to be selected as a qualifier. If a name is drawn and that person fails to meet eligibility requirements, additional names may be drawn until a Contestant is qualified for the Finalists Drawing.
5. During a WXBQ live remote broadcast at Freedom Hall in Johnson City, Tennessee, on Thursday, July 4, 2019, between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm (Eastern Daylight Time) individuals may register for a chance to be a “Last Minute Finalist”. At approximately 7:00 pm, one name will be drawn at random from all the entries received during this “last minute” registration period to become a Finalist and compete in the Contest Finale. The person whose name is drawn must meet all Contest eligibility requirement and must be present at Freedom Hall at the time of the drawing to be selected as a Finalist. If a name is drawn and that person fails to meet eligibility requirements or is not present at Freedom Hall, additional names may be drawn until a Contestant is qualified as a Finalist
FINALISTS DRAWING: On Wednesday, June 26, 2019, the names of all Contestants who have been qualified for the Finalists Drawing will be collected together and fourteen names will be randomly selected to become Finalists and join the Last Minute Finalist (see entry methods above) to compete in the Great American Contest Finale. The drawing will be conducted by representatives of the Sponsor whose decisions shall be final and binding.
NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS: Telephone calls to notify each person who has been designated as a Finalist about particulars of the Great American Giveaway Contest Finale will be placed on or before June 28, 2019 at 5:00 pm. These calls will be placed to the telephone number each Contestant supplied on his/her entry form or on file with the Food City ValuCard application. In cases where there is no answer when a number is called, two additional attempts to reach the party will be made. If the party being called has an answering service or device or if a third party answers the phone, a message relaying pertinent notification details will be left. Reasonable and diligent efforts as described above will be made to notify each Finalist, however the Sponsors assume no responsibility for technical, electronic, telephone congestion, hardware, software or network, computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions or difficulties of any kind. Any individual who has been qualified as Finalist by any of the methods by which Contestants are qualified and who has not received a notification telephone call by 5:00 pm on July 1, 2019 may call the WXBQ Promotions Department at 276 669 8112 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm on or before July 3, 2019 for particulars of the Great American Giveaway Contest Finale.
CONTEST FINALE: All of the Finalists will assemble at Freedom Hall Civic Center in Johnson City, Tennessee, on Thursday, July 4, 2019, All Finalists must be present at Freedom Hall Civic Center to participate in the Contest Finale. Any Finalist who has not signed in at the WXBQ signup location at Freedom Hall by 8:00 pm eastern daylight time on July 4, 2019, will forfeit his/her place in the Great American Giveaway Contest Finale. The Contest Finale will begin at approximately 8:30 pm and will conclude at approximately 10:00 pm or earlier when the Prize Winners have been announced. Transportation to and from the event and any other expenses related to attendance at the Contest Finale are solely the responsibility of the Finalists.
Judges, whose decisions shall be final, will be chosen by WXBQ to administer and referee the Contest Finale.
The Finalists must follow all Contest rules and the directions given to them by the Judges at all times during the Contest Finale Period. Any Finalist who breaks any of the rules or fails to follow instructions given to him/her by the Judges may (at the sole discretion of the Judges) be disqualified and expelled from the Contest. Finalists are prohibited from any manner of contact that would inflict bodily harm or discomfort to other Contestant or to any personnel connected with the Contest.
GREAT AMERICAN PRIZING: There will be three winners who will each win one of the following prizes: The Grand Prize of a year’s supply of Food City Groceries ($10,000.00 value to be awarded in Food City Gift Cards); First Place Prize of a year’s supply of Food City Gasoline ($1,500 value to be awarded in Food City Gift Cards); Second Prize of a year’s supply of Pepsi Product ($520 value to be awarded in Food City gift cards) Payment of all federal, state, and local taxes (including sales and income taxes) associated with the acceptance of the Prizes are solely the responsibility of the Individual Prize Winners. However, no transfer or substitution of prize by the Prize winners is permitted. The Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value.
ADDITIONAL PRIZES: Additional qualifying prizes of nominal value may be awarded to Contestants during the Great AmericanGiveaway. Any such additional prizes will be announced at the time of giveaway.
PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law, individuals, by participating in the Great American Giveaway, consent to the use of their names, voices, photographs or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes related to this or similar Contests without compensation. During the Contest Period, Contestants may be asked to interact on-air with WXBQ air personalities. Contestants, by entering or participating in the Great American Giveaway, grant permission without further notice for WXBQ to air, either live or by tape delay, any telephone conversation(s) related to the sweepstakes by and between the Contestant and 96.9 WXBQ air personalities.
GENERAL: By participating, Contestants agree, on behalf of themselves, their executors, assigns and heirs, (a) to abide by all the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors/Judges as named above which shall be final in all matters relating to the Great American Giveaway; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsors and Promotional Partners as named above, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their respective directors, officers and employees from any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of any prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related or Contest related activity associated in any manner whatsoever with the Great American Giveaway; and (c) that none of the foregoing entities are responsible for damaged, late, lost, incomplete, stolen, illegible, or misdirected entries or communications.
The prize winners, by accepting a prize, acknowledges that the Sponsors and Promotional Partners have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize awarded during the Great American Giveaway.
Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Great American Giveaway at any time with notice in the event technical or human error or other circumstance corrupt its conduct or operation; and in the event of such cancellation to award the prizes by an alternate method.
The Sponsors and Promotional Partners are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received by any of the entry methods.
The 96.9 WXBQ General Contests and Prize Policies as posted on the WXBQ website (www.wxbq.com) are incorporated herein by reference and shall apply where appropriate and germane to the Great American Giveaway.
WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following. Request must be received by July 31, 2019.
Winner Names – Great American Giveaway
Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
P. O. Box 1389
Bristol, Virginia 24203