Drew Hembree Named Food City Vice President of Traditional Advertising

Drew Hembree Named Food City Vice President of Traditional Advertising
Abingdon, VA. - Friday, May 26, 2017.

Food City recently announced the promotion of Drew Hembree to Vice President of Traditional Advertising. 

“Drew has grown up within our company, working in various roles throughout his career and we’re extremely proud to be able to promote him to Vice President of Traditional Advertising.  He has and will continue to do a fantastic job for our company,” says Steve Smith, Food City president and chief executive officer.

Hembree joined the Food City team in 1998, accepting a position as a courtesy clerk during the summer months, while attending high school.  He continued to work for the company throughout high school and college, taking the opportunity to intern at the corporate level in both the Merchandising and Marketing departments.  After college, Hembree completed the company’s prestigious year-long Assistant Manager Training Program, gaining the opportunity to learn from and work alongside a number of valuable mentors.

Throughout his career, Hembree has served in several key positions, including Assistant Store Manager, Social Media Manager, Site Analyst, Category Manager and Director of Advertising, before assuming his current role as Vice President of Traditional Advertising.  His responsibilities include production of weekly television, print and radio advertisements, store level signage and oversight of the company’s in-house Print Shop, in addition to a number of Marketing support roles. 

“I am excited to work with an amazing team of folks each day in an industry and region that I love.  I look forward to the opportunity to continue to pursue my passion,” says Hembree.

Hembree is also active within his local community, serving on the Board of Directors for the Virginia Highlands Small Business Incubator and as a past member of the Abingdon Rotary Club.  He is 2001 graduate of Abingdon High School, and a 2005 graduate of Emory and Henry College, where he attained a BS in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Mass Communications.

Hembree currently resides in Abingdon, Virginia with his lovely wife, Ashley and their two children, Addison and Jack.

Headquartered in Abingdon, Virginia, K-VA-T Food Stores (Food City’s parent company) operates 134 retail outlets throughout southeast Kentucky, southwest Virginia, east Tennessee, Chattanooga and north Georgia.