Pear and Ground Pork-Stuffed Winter Squash
- preheat the oven to 350.
- Dot the inside of each acorn squash with coconut oil and sprinkle each with a little sea salt and nutmeg.
- Place the acorn squash cut side up in a large glass baking dish and add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the dish; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook the squash in the oven for 45 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions in the coconut oil until they start to turn brown.
- Add the ground pork, carrots, and a little sea salt and pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon each) and cook until the pork is no longer pink.
- Add the parsley, sage, and thyme and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, pears, and almonds and stir just until warm.
- Taste the stuffing and add more salt or seasoning if desired.
- Stuff each acorn squash with a big spoonful of the pork mixture, return to the hot oven, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.